Applying Small Vinyl Lettering.
If you are reading this page you have probably purchased some of our decals. So, thank you. Applying decals and lettering can be a tricky process. It is best to go very slow and take your time. I hope that this page will help you become a vinyl applying pro. There are several ways to apply vinyl. This is one of the easiest and most effective ways. Below you will see me applying lettering onto a van. You may be applying your decal onto some other surface. If so, use the proper cleaning products & tape recommended for that surface. Surface, Vinyl & Temperature should be between 75-90 degrees. If it is out of that temp. range vinyl may not properly adhere to surface or it may only adhere for a short time. Please go to our Contact & Info page to learn more about our products and materials.
If you would like to view our “How to apply your Custom Racing Stripes video”, please click here.
(WE RECOMMEND USING WATER ON LETTERING LARGER THEN 2" High. PLEASE WATCH OUR RACING STRIPE VIDEO TO SEE HOW TO APPLY "WET". SMALLER LETTERING MAY BE APPLIED "DRY" AS SHOWN BELOW).
Before we start. Let me explain 3 terms that I will be using.
TRANSFER TAPE: is the tape on the top of the decal.
LETTERING: is the vinyl itself. It is between the transfer tape & the backing.
BACKING: Is the wax paper on the back of the decal.
First, because of mailing please re-press transfer tape onto backing & allow decal to completely flatten out before applying.
1. Clean the surface well. Remove all dirt and debris.
2. Align and measure the decal exactly were you will want it. *This is the most important step.
3. When you feel the decal is properly placed. Put a piece of tape on the top and bottom in the center of the decal. Now the decal is held in place by the tape.
4. Take the decal and peel back the transfer tape. You are now removing the transfer tape and lettering from the backing. Pull back transfer tape until you reach the center tape.
5. Cut the backing off and discard. This will allow you to place the transfer tape and lettering onto the surface.
6. A plastic card is recommended to press transfer tape and lettering firmly onto the surface.
7. The decal is now held in place by the right side. Peel back the transfer tape and lettering from the left side. Remove and discard the left side backing.
8. Press the left side transfer tape and lettering firmly to the surface Take your time and make sure all lettering as completely stuck to the surface.
9. Start peeling the transfer tape away from the surface. Only the lettering will be left.
10. Go very slowly when pulling when pulling transfer tape away from the lettering. Some letters may still adhere to the transfer tape and will need to be re-pressed onto the surface.
Once all the transfer tape has been pulled away, you will be left with the lettering or decal applied to the surface.
IF YOU HAVE TAKEN YOUR TIME & CLOSELY FOLLOWED THESE STEPS YOU SHOULD HAVE ENDED UP WITH A SMILE JUST LIKE THIS
Thank you again for your time and business – Aron