Boat Registration Requirements
We have outlined the basic requirements needed to make your decal compliant with almost every state's vessel laws.
- Boats that are registered must display registration numbers on both sides of the bow of the vessel.
- Numbers are to be displayed in three parts, with a hyphen or space separating each part.
- Numbers are to be block characters, 3 inches (7.62 cm) in height or more.
- Thickness of the characters must be uniform. Slanted characters, scroll and decorative fonts are unacceptable.
- Registration numbers must contrast the color of the boat, “so if your boat is white, do not use white letters”.
Here are examples of what your numbers should look like when ordering-
The information provided above covers almost every states basic registration decal requirements. But, please note that 1060 Graphics is in no way an authority on boating laws, or do we claim to be. It is the customers responsibly to learn any additional registration laws or requirements that may be needed in their particular state.